Holy sweet potato.
This dish is best served directly from the oven. And holy crap is it delicious. It was a hit at the BBQ tonight. Definitely is going down in the books as an epic side dish.
Now I’ll “dish” it to you, you 20-something:
Sweet Potato with Baked Apples and Bacon
4 sweet potatoes, diced
1/2 yellow onion
4 strips uncured bacon
3 granny smith apples (you need the tart-ness), diced
3 Tbs EVOO
2 Tbs apple cider vinegar
2 Tbs thyme
1 tbs agave nectar
Preheat your oven to 425F.
Pan cook your bacon until crispy. Crumble and set aside.
Combine EVOO, vinegar, onion, thyme, salt and pepper and pour over diced potatoes in a baking dish. Bake for 25 minutes.
Once potatoes are somewhat soft, pour in apples and bake for an additional 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are fully cooked and apples are warm but slightly crunchy still.
Toss with bacon and agave.
Heaven. I promise. This and some miso glazed chicken are phenomenal. Eat with friends, and possibly an adult beverage… we had Petite Syrah. Nom, nom, nom.
- kirrasgorramfoobloog reblogged this from newblackblog
- hillaryfarnham likes this
- thegoodday reblogged this from newblackblog and added:
- vivalarevolushun likes this
- helianthus--annuus likes this
- cottonballxo likes this
- chaseandfollow reblogged this from baconobession
- baconobession reblogged this from newblackblog
- newblackblog posted this